4 partitions

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sun Sep 13 08:06:02 MST 2009

From: "Bob Elzer" <bob.elzer at gmail.com>
> If you needed to and another partition, then you had some poor
> planning.

Or your situation has changed.  What if you want to install another
distro on the bare metal?  Installing $DISTRO in a VM will tell you
a lot, but it won't tell you how well $DISTRO deals with real
graphics and sound.

> I too, usually just use primary partitions.

I believe the Fedora installer is trying to keep users from shooting
themselves in the butt.

> I've never needed to make another partition, because I partition
> and use the whole disk.

Partitions?  Oh yeah, those are the things that PVs live on.  Using
LVM is the way to go if you're not dual-booting, since LVM is so much
more flexible than partitions.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows