OT: Texting Solution

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Sat Sep 12 10:56:24 MST 2009

My sister and I text eachother quite a bit. Except I do not have a texting
plan, so I email her phonenumber at vtext.com like all verizon phones work.
When she sends me an email the message go to a specific imap folder for
only her messages.

I would love to find a small app, such as kopete or pidgin, that would let
me send messages to her as simply as clicking on a contact name, and have
her messages show up the same as an instant message.

Anyone know of something like this for email? Or another solution that
might work better, other than me getting a texting plan on my phone...?

nathan