OT: What is the best antenna for getting Phoenix area TV channels?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Mon Sep 7 15:26:24 MST 2009

What is the best antenna for getting Phoenix area TV channels?

I gave up cable years ago (too much money for too little worth
watching).  Tried dish and it was no better.  For a long time, we were
getting excellent reception from a simple $4.95 top-of-set antenna,
even when we got a new Vizio HD TV a year ago.

But recently, the signal for some channels ... especially channel 15
... has become unreliable.  Sometimes the signal breaks up and
sometimes it goes away entirely.

So, I purchased a $50 Philips outdoor antenna and mounted it on a
15-foot tall pole outside. It gets even worse reception than my little
old $4.95 indoor top-of-set antenna.  I've tried moving it to several
different locations and tried rotating it to every degree of
360-degrees with no success.

So what would the collective PLUG intelligence recommend?