FC 11 all mirrors b0rked

Technomage technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 00:46:29 MST 2009

Lisa Kachold wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Technomage <technomage.hawke at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Well,
>> it seems that the fedora project has rather a problem.
>>
>> all mirrors report that the repomd.xml data file are not properly linked
>> metahandlers.
>> this is rather a problem fro doing net installs on a machine that
>> doesn't have a dvd player :(
>>
>> I have tried also FC-10 and even 9. all have the same problem.
>>

> I was seeing the same thing.
> Bummer!

I found the reason a little while ago.
it appears that the fedora project let all their SSL certs expire.
as a result, their secure servers aren't relaying the proper info anymore.
So, I simply modifed the address to point at their non-SSL servers
(removed the s from https) and
all works as it should. Someone over at The fedora Project needs to get
back on the ball