LAN speed in Ubuntu 9.04

AZ RUNE arizona.rune at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:10:35 MST 2009

Hmm that's what I thoguht (auto-negotiate) I will check with him for more
info on the speed issue

On Sep 5, 2009 12:55 PM, "Eric Shubert" <ejs at shubes.net> wrote:

AZ RUNE wrote: > My buddy has an HP notebook (recent model 14.1 inch screen)
that when he > uses th...
What are you seeing that leads you to conclude that "it goes slow"?
Ethernet ports typically negotiate the highest speed automatically.
Note, GigE ports often don't achieve full speed, due to slower bus speed
(the NIC is no longer the slowest link in the chain).

--
-Eric 'shubes'