laptop battery capacity

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 07:43:57 MST 2009

The charge controller in laptop batteries control the charging, not the
external power supply. No batteries have memory problems. Improperly
charging any battery can reduce its longevity (which is why the battery
charge controller is inside the battery for laptops - to ensure proper
charging).

General rule of thumb - if your battery is hot during charging, its probably
not being charged correctly for long term use.

Eric

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Nathan England <nathan at paysonlinux.org>wrote:

> I have never bothered to pull a battery out and this is the first machine
> I've
> had a problem with. Lion batteries do not have memory problems as people
> say,
> by draining the battery down you are recalibrating the monitor, but the
> batteries are not affected at all. The batteries just begin to lose their
> charge capacity.
>
> nathan

Eric Cope
http://cope-et-al.com