OT: Cheapy Mc Cheap Cheap cell phone?

mz mz at infomagic.net
Thu Oct 22 07:35:08 MST 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 11:35:28 pm Ryan Rix wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the feedback; I'll be pointing my dad at this
> thread tomorrow evening to see what he thinks.
>
> Ryan

A bit late to the party, but this might be useful.

My cellular phone usage is similar to your dad's, mostly for
emergencies. I live about 25 miles from Williams at the end of a dirt
road. Based on recommendations from others and some research, I ended
up with a Tracfone because of coverage in rural areas. For a while I
was running all over northern Arizona between Truxton and Flagstaff
from I-40 north to the Colorado River. Tracfone must buy services from
just about every company because there was always coverage when regular
cellular phones, e.g., Verizion or AT&T, had service.  Minutes last for
90 days and you can purchase an extension for a year.

HTH,
Mark Z.