Linux vs OpenBSD as a router

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 01:18:48 MST 2009

I don't totally audit gentoo packages any more often than I pull apart the
Debian or Redhat packages to make sure they didn't do anything goofy.  If
you don't trust your package source, you're in trouble.

This is a good argument for the bsd method of a small number of good
developers maintaining the packages.  Or, from a business standpoint, using
an enterprise distro where someone is financially liable for bad patches.
Not everyone is satisfied with the slow pace of development those models
encourage, though.

James McPhee
jmcphe at gmail.com