Linux vs OpenBSD as a router

Paul Mooring drpppr242 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 07:46:09 MST 2009

I don't know as much about security as you do, but surely your not
suggesting that distros like suse or ubuntu or more secure than openbsd.
I thought the whole purpose behind openbsd was to make a secure os, as
oppose to suse for example which I quit using on firewall servers for
the security issues created from all the unwanted packages installed by
default.  Are you saying I'm wrong in thinking that by default
openBSD/pf has siginificantly less security issues than say
gentoo/iptables (which is what I'm currently using in this set up).