Horked-up system, Fedora 11

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Oct 15 18:35:07 MST 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 07:27 -0700, Vaughn Treude wrote:

> >>       I need to research SELinux; I'm not very familiar with what it
> >> does.
> >>       Thanks for the feedback.
> >>
> > ----
> > one of the reasons I suggested that you run 'fixfiles onboot' is that
> > when you create files on other computers or in locations other than
> > where they are stored, they will always have the wrong security context.
> > 'fixfiles onboot' does a complete relabel of your files.
> >

> Sounds like I may also need to do this if I reboot in Centos and do
> anything with the Fedora partition, and the reboot in Fedora. Am I right?
> Vaughn
----
probably need to be more specific on how mounts are done in both.

security contexts are different throughout the file system so if you
relabel the Fedora partition when you boot CentOS or vice versa, you are
likely to cause some real headaches depending of course what is being
mounted and where it's being mounted.

Craig

believed to be clean.