Borked up multiboot system

Steve Phariss sphariss at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 21:57:58 MST 2009

First my current set up (WAY too many disks with diffrent OS's)

Sata1: Old install of windows 7 blew away with a reload.
Sata2: Ubuntu 9.04
Sata3: XP/Ubuntu 8
Sata4: Centos

What happened is that I re-installed Windows 7 on a working dual-boot
system, Of course it blew away my working grub boot loader as expected.  I
made the mistake of not documenting where I installed grub.

I would like to restore dual boot (and access to ubuntu 9.04), but when I
tried with the Ubuntu live disk, I could not find the correct boot loader
location.  If need be I can reload ubuntu, but there are some things on the
ubuntu 9.04 disk I would like to keep so I would have to back them up. (not
a problem so much, just a pain.)

I am able to access all the hard drives/partitions.

Steve Phariss