Linux laptop for a pre-schooler

Tuna tuna at supertunaman.com
Sat Oct 10 16:01:37 MST 2009

Edubuntu is a bit more geared towards elementary school.

I suggest Qimo.

http://www.qimo4kids.com/

Screenshots:
http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Qimo%201.0

The couple that created Qimo talking about it:
http://www.opengamingnow.com/podcast/open-gaming-now-podcast-2/

It's really interesting. While Edubuntu is actually designed for
network installations at schools, Qimo is designed for kids to
use. By default, it will create two accounts. One that auto-logins
for the kid, and another parental account with sudo permissions.

Excerpts from Josef Lowder's message of Sat Oct 10 11:38:02 -0700 2009: