Userful multidesktop

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Oct 9 03:01:15 MST 2009

Am 08. Okt, 2009 schwätzte Lynn, William A III CIV USAF so:

moin moin Bill,

> Hi.  Does anyone have any experience with this company?  They do multiple monitors/keyboards/mice off one computer to extend a PC to several users.  They say it's a "green" solution to modern computing, too.

Brian was just looking at this as he was converting a library to
GNU/Linux.

He said something coming out soon ( Karmic? Next version of X? New kernel?
) will have many of the features provided by Userful.

>     Just seeing if anyone has an opinion on this.  It could be really helpful to schools on a tight budget, I'm thinking.
>
>    http://www2.userful.com/

Agreed. It would be great for schools, libraries, cafes and any other
place providing multiple desktops for the public.

It's too late for a presentation at ABLEconf, but a multi-head demo would
be great.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.