"xine was unable to initialize any audio drivers"

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 12:51:06 MST 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 11:08 -0700, Wayne Davis wrote:
[snip]
> Pulseaudio is not in use on this system.
[snip]
> I wonder if "alsa resume" is what i'm after? Will have to wait till it
> fails again :-(

Since from this, I assume you're using ALSA instead of Pulseaudio...
perhaps try this:

    sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart

On newer versions of Ubuntu (though I don't remember if this was in 8.04
or not) the "/etc/init.d/" from above has been given an alias to make
using it faster/more convenient/less error-prone, so on a newer ubuntu
the command becomes:

    sudo service alsa-utils restart

Hope that helps!

--