digital sticky notes for Linux?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Mon Oct 5 14:25:11 MST 2009

Is there a digital sticky notes utility for Linux?

Ideally, it should allow quickly typing a short note on the command
line to be displayed as a *very small* note (about 2" wide by 1" tall)
in a pre-defined spot on one of the multiple desktop/workspaces ...
with no title, no menu, no icons, no border, and no other clutter?
Clicking on it should allow either adding lines or deleting it, and it
would remain always on top on the designated desktop/workspaces
regardless of what other apps or windows were open.

I currently use a "todo" text file and kwrite for this, but it of
course has a border, title bar, and bulky menu that cannot be
eliminated, and it cannot be reduced as small as I would like it to
be.