Problems with wifi

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Thu Oct 1 17:59:10 MST 2009

From: Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:
>> and it still beeps.

It's a crapshoot whether there's a volume control on the old speaker
on some machines.  If you know you're not going to use the old
speaker support, you can just rmmod the pcspkr module and then
move that module out of /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ .  I don't even
build that module, but I always build a custom kernel....

> Link UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
> Hmmm, it appears to have an IPv6 address
> (Are you doing teredo tunneling on your network? Nevermind!)

It looks like the 802.11 card's trying to associate with an access
point but is not getting anywhere.  I suppose you could try
"iwconfig eth1" when it's up and reproduce that for us, or see
what you get when you do "ps auxw | grep dhc" which should tell
you whether dhcpcd or dhclient is running on eth1.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows