Problems with wifi

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 17:09:09 MST 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Actually, I have never touched NetworkManager - I just configured the
> /etc/network/interfaces, rebooted and away I went.

I do not know if it is still true but when we first started seeing NM, one
of the things we had to do to make it work right was to remove almost all
pre-existing contents to /etc/network/interfaces and let NM work.  It seems
you could add things after it was working right, but I've always done that
invoking the "Edit Connections" entry for the right click menu of the NM
applet.  I may be way off base here but maybe Lisa can correct me.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson