SATA drive problem

AZ RUNE arizona.rune at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:35:54 MST 2009

Look for nautilus updates and anything involving gnome as well. Maybe just
dumb luck but if you update the file browser (provided their are updates out
there) then maybe it will redo how it reads the drive channels and fix
itself. You might also try updating the kernel, but that seems unrelated.
Still I have seen weird stuff work before.  Now if you want to solve WHY it
is doing that you could go to the source (sorry for the pun - well maybe not
that sorry) and hit the dev hackers at gnome.org.  They are always looking
for a list to support a hacker, well donate $10 bucks to one that can answer
this question.

You help out FOSS dev thru Gnome
You find out why your install went wacky
You make contacts in the FOSS community

Give it a whirl who knows.