OT: Phone Warz -Google and Android Lock Antennae

blake gonterman gnunixguy1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:47:46 MST 2009

After the initial shock wore off and the devs started looking around, a few
alternatives have emerged... One I've seen was to run a script that saved
the required closed-source apps to a file on the SDcard and then re-apply it
after flashing a rom with those bits missing... seems to me that's a good
way to get around the issue.
Google should have just let him have a distribution license so
this wouldn't happen... I guess this is just an example of growing pains
with a new OS.

Personally, I love Cyanogen's roms.. the absolute fastest I've seen, if not
always as stable as I'd like to see.

That's my 2c at least.