OT: Leaked Climate Emails

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Sat Nov 28 14:42:52 MST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Bob Elzer <bob.elzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but it might be on topic, if we are discussing how the accounts got
> hacked, how to prevent the accounts from being hacked, how to encrypt the
> messages in case the account gets hacked, how to track down the person that
> hacked the accounts.

Well these are interesting times, our first crack at Planetary
Engineering (cue disaster) should be fun! Rather than look into the
socio-political structures needed to enable such an endeavour (see New
World Order) and whether, or not, the presence of medieval societies
are fatal impediments (via free rider hosting) when among the primary
implementers, aka modern states, this forum might rather focus on the
superiority of open data and free software in support of our first try
at Planetary Engineering.

Lets discuss how to free this data (and other similar data) and the
free software that could host and make it useful. Which licence should
this kind of data be released under?

seen this?  http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20091122120945695/DataWarehouse.html