DNS

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Sat Nov 28 11:51:40 MST 2009

mike havens wrote:
> On the webpage I learned they were verizons name servers they were
> harping on about not using them if you are not authorized to do so. What
> are they talking about? I thought they were in the public domain.

What led you to believe that?

They are intended for use solely by their customers. Why would/should
they provide DNS resolver services for the whole world?

Then again, if they want to limit usage of their resolvers to their
customers, it seems reasonable that they take whatever measures are
necessary to enforce that limitation.

--
-Eric 'shubes'