DNS

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Nov 28 08:49:26 MST 2009

On 11/28/09, Bob Elzer <bob.elzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> You do know that you can use any DNS server you want to, right ?
>
> I use openDNS, it's free and I seem to have less problems then I ever had
> with qwest.
>
> http://www.opendns.com/start/  Basic works just fine.
>  <http://www.opendns.com/>
> https://store.opendns.com/setup/operatingsystem/ubuntu

OpenDNS is very good.  I used them in their infancy as offsite seconds
for DNS clusters I engineered for ISP's and startups.

I still use them as additional servers for various things, but use
dyndns.org, where you can assign dynamic DNS via clients or routers,
as well as have outbound mailhop, webhop and mail relay services.
_____

>>> sancarlos.noc.uson.mx
>>> 148.225.1.9

--