Determining hard drive state

Kirk Bauer kirk at kaybee.org
Wed Nov 25 16:22:47 MST 2009

For the record, I have both ntfs and ext4 partitions on the drive,
both mounted at all times under Ubuntu 9.10, and the drive remains in
a "standby" state except when I'm actually using the drives.

Kirk Bauer <kirk at kaybee.org>
http://linux.kaybee.org | www.logwatch.org
Author, Automating UNIX & Linux Administration