IRC Channel Access

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Nov 13 23:58:09 MST 2009

Am 13. Nov, 2009 schwätzte Bob Elzer so:

> But you're right, if it only affects you then why ban you.

If hundreds of people are getting kicked off, reconnecting, getting kicked
off, reconnecting, ad nauseum it's a big burden for Freenode.

I would hope there's a better solution than just banning someone.

> Why aren't they banning the exploiters.

The exploiters don't have to be on the server and if it's DCC the server
doesn't know who the exploiters are.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.