OT: Cox slowing torrents?

Joe lists at joefleming.net
Fri Nov 13 11:20:39 MST 2009

2Mbit/384kbit?! No thank you! I might as well be paying for their value
residential line. Unless that's a guaranteed MINIMUM bandwidth or
something.

I'm paying $60/mo right now and getting 10 times the down speed and 5
times the up speed. And aside from this one (isolated?) case, I do
actually see those speeds too. I need to upload speeds to keep the VPN
connection back to the office nice and smooth, 384kbit just wouldn't cut
it. I've been really happy with their service so far, it was just really
annoying that all my torrents dropped off and refused to come back.
Seems to be running ok now though.

-Joe