OT, ACTA, Secrecy and free software

Technomage technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 21:02:31 MST 2009

Lisa,
My response was originally to Ryan regarding his initial response per my
posting.

However, I can take your word for it that the FOIA response since sept
2001 has been less than stellar.
Still, on an issue that affects even "free and open software" for
governments to take something thats supposed to
be publically debated and accessible and make it "a metter of national
security" makes me wonder what they
are really up to.

Clearly, the current administration is showing an aptitude for these
kinds of secrecy games not seen since the
height of the cold war. There is something very wrong in the halls of
power and it directly affects us all
in one form or another.