OT: nano nitpick (triple negative) (was: Re: OT, ACTA, Secrecy and free software)

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:03:50 MST 2009

OK,
[0] hard time,
times
[1] "not reading"
is -- "so far" -- a double negative.

I have no problem (ain't got no un-problem) with lots
of negatives, but I just think you meant the meaning,
that goes with an EVEN number of them here.

So, I think it should be
> with a grain of salt.
instead of
[2]  without a grain of salt.
because IMHO, [2] makes it a triple negative which -- has
the meaning 180 degrees from what it should be.

Don't get me wrong -- a quadruple negative would be fine here.
Just not an "ODD" number of negatives, since that has
the meaning off by a "power of minus one"
from what it should be.
Just my 0.02 (or, micro 2.0E+4),
--
Mike Schwartz