Why has my Firefox quit working?

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 22:28:44 MST 2009

Jason Spatafore wrote:
> Drop to a command line and type links www.google.com
>
> Is that working?

Uhhh, I don't mean to sound like the "i told you so" guy, but he said that
konqi and ftp both work...

firefox -safe-mode

or alternately just stick with konqi :)

> On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 14:59 -0600, Josef Lowder wrote:
>> Why has my Firefox quit working?
>>
>> While I have a solid Internet connection and I can connect
>> with either ftp or with my Konqueror browser, I just started
>> getting the following error message from Firefox:
>>
>> Server not found
>> Firefox can't find the server at www.google.com.
>> * Check the address for typing errors such as
>>   ww.example.com instead of
>>   www.example.com
>> * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
>>   connection.
>> * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
>> sure
>>   that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
>>
>> I have double-checked that the URL addresses I am trying are correct.
>> My network connection is fine.
>> I've made no changes in Firefox.

Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat Writer

Please refrain from mailing me directly in replies, I am subsribing
via GMane NNTP. Thank you.

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
      countless other FOSS channels.