GoogleOS

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 12:57:09 MST 2009

Carl Parrish wrote:

> Sorry if this has already been brought up.
> Does it really serve us the community and  / or does it really serve
> Google to have two Linux based Operating Systems? (Android / Milestone,
> and ChromeOS). Do you think Chrome will just be a rebranded Android or do
> they really plan to support two? How can Linux best gain from the mountain
> of new users this will bring?

ChromeOS is bastardized GNU/Linux designed to deliver non free software. The
way they are playing their cards, it shouldn't need much support besides a
working gecko or webkit backend.

Here's my two cents on the whole matter from way back when.
http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com/2009/07/12/why-chromeos-scares-me-or-
open-standards-open-source/

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat Writer

Please refrain from mailing me directly in replies, I am subsribing
via GMane NNTP. Thank you.

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
      countless other FOSS channels.