Sys files read

Marco Savo savomarco at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 02:18:55 MST 2009

Well, thanks anyway. I'll just open/close files for read a character for
time. I'm working on embedded linux, for a residential gateway (adsl +
wireless router).
Include other libraries in the build I guess is not really convenient.
Thanks and regards,
Marco

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net> wrote:

> From: Marco Savo <savomarco at gmail.com>
> > I have to create a program that reads from the /sys files.
> > These files contains a single value and are in different directories.
> > There isn't a easy way to read these values? some function of the
> > sysfs for example?
>
> sysfs is a great example of second-system effect.  /proc was a lot
> easier to deal with in most cases, as it looked like it was meant
> to be human-readable.  No such design consideration existed for
> sysfs.  There's a package called sysfsutils that attempts to give
> people a set of userspace functions to get a bunch of data out of
> sysfs with less hassle than trying to get it directly.  It may be
> called "libsysfs" depending on distro.
>
> I don't know if it'll help you out since you didn't provide any
> details on what it is that you're trying to do, but it's a place to
> start.
>
> --
> Matt G / Dances With Crows
> The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.org/wordpress/
> There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see

'The Magic Is In the Movement'

Marco Savo
SW Engineer

882 East Glenn St.