Wil Wheatons: Just A Geek

David Huerta huertanix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 20:26:51 MST 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/Just-Geek-Wil-Wheaton/dp/059600768X
>
> Anyone read this?  Another Burton Barr find... looks somewhat lame by
> the pic on the back, which is Wil sitting at his Geek Desk, with lots
> of Geek Books, drinking Geek Beer (stout lager), and laughing at some
> unidentified Geek Joke.  A bit too excessive for me to take seriously,
> looks like his agent is trying to rebrand him to the nerd crowd (he
> used to be on Star Trek).  Should be interesting learning what the
> marketing world thinks of Linux users.
>
> rule of thumb: Once and Actor, Always an Actor.

A friend of mine met him at Comicon PHX earlier this year.  Weaton
noticed his PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) shirt and started talking about
geeky stuff with him.  He's been a geek figurehead for more than a few
years now.

Plus that desk not terribly over the top geeky; The Defcon badges,
binary clock, Mac G5 ad, nerf gun, and framed poster of the First
Cylon War are worse, and that's just my living room.

--
[.dh]