Linux certification

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sun Nov 1 19:10:01 MST 2009

I don't hire people on the basis of either certification or education
and neither did a great number of the original ISP's or development
firms.

I have a few certs (have gotten various certs through the years) but I
don't believe they show anything other than I can certify.

And I have hired people who had Masters in CS, all manner of Certs,
who would NOT work, taking responsibility for nothing or who were
essentially, "academics" rather than engineers or administrators, and
could not perform if/then/therefore logical troubleshooting or real
time emergency "obnosis" on the front lines during regular production
linux work.

If you want education, right now is the perfect time to get a degree,
while the world changes around (did you see Dark City?)....get grants
and loans and go get a 4 year in 3 or something like UAT or Devry
offers.

WE LIVE IN AN EDUCATIONAL CASTE SYSTEM!  You will be paid on the basis
of your education and in corporate America, your lack of an education
(without 25 years of experience) will get you a only a nice contract
job or a technical support job....

No amount of certifications will change that!

Skype: (623)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452
www.obnosis.com