Can Firefox be updated without affecting the rest of my system?

Nadim Hoque nadimhoque at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:05:00 MST 2009

Yeah you should be fine in terms of it not doing anything. I do use a mac I just drag and drop the app so I think it doesn't need to change anything system wise ie it uses high level apis to run I think correct me if I'm wrong. It might seem like it would because it asks for a password but that's for yoy giving permissions so it can save a database file. The issue you might have with it is that you might not have a software package that is not at a higher version ff requires.