Dual Monitors Ubuntu Jaunty

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Thu May 28 23:14:53 MST 2009

The xrandr output you give here shows the laptop screen still enabled.
Are you getting the higher resolution of the 22" screen after disabling the laptop screen, or is it still limiting you to what a dual-screen setup permits?

Sometimes getting things to work with a VGA port on the secondary screen requires forcing the resolution using an xorg.conf that's swapped in just when the machine is docked...