Cox general speed issues

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Mon May 25 11:25:49 MST 2009

  Bob, I'm a fairly heavy user, but they don't throttle in their network
(yet).  If you "abuse" the network, or show up in top talker reports per
market, they just shut you down.  They're not that smart yet.

  They do have Sandvine boxes in their network (the infamous scourge
comcast uses/used for killing p2p), but I've been told their in bypass
because of the general consumer backlash against other said isp's.  Cox
is still trying to figure out QoS, so it wouldn't surprise me they just
have something screwed up.

-mb