Install 9.04, update disk

Matthew A Coulliette matthewlug at cox.net
Sun May 24 08:23:20 MST 2009

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install Ubuntu 9.04 on another computer and it
is giving me a lot of trouble.  The computer boots from the install
cdrom like normal.  Then, I select install and it will start the process
and then it will hang on me.  I have tried installing Debian; with
Debian it did almost the whole install and then hung when it tried to
install the graphics driver.

The computer has a Quadro FX 3000 graphics card.  I believe that this is
the cause of my problems.  On the hello screen that is loaded from the
installation disk there are F4 options.  I tried using "graphics safe
mode" and it did not work.  I would like to try, "use driver update
disk" next.  So, how do I make this disk for my graphics card and how do
I use it for the installation process?

Thanks in advance for your replies. - MatthewMPP