Netbook for Regular Person

Tuna tuna at supertunaman.com
Thu May 21 15:26:25 MST 2009

Try the Starling from System76. It comes with Ubuntu Netbook Remix
and has similar specs to the EeePC 901. My mom's coworker got one and
she seems to like it.

The EeePC is okay, but it's a bit of work to, say, get the Amazon MP3
downloader to work on it, because it needs libgtkmm and libboost,
neither of which are in the asus repos. If you don't think this would be
a concern, then the EeePC 901 may be less intimidating.

If you go the EeePC route, here's a tip you'll be glad to know:
CTRL-ALT-T opens a terminal. :)

-tuna

Excerpts from Eric Cope's message of Thu May 21 14:29:51 -0700 2009: