senior network admin - godaddy.com

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu May 21 12:40:06 MST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Charles Jones <
charles.jones at ciscolearning.org> wrote:

> Jason Hayes wrote:
> > Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not.
> >
> > Godaddy.com is looking for a senior network admin (posted 5/18/09)
> >
> > Job specs and application form online at,
> >

> http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?ipath=rss&siteid=RSS_PD&Job_DID=J3F3YP79PB8KY3LD16B&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=0f4fda8db8a44606a5e8471a6b22f92d-296231095-
> > x1-6
> >
> I think godaddy has a high turnover rate, because they seem to always be
> hiring senior network/sys admins. I have also heard of more than a
> couple of people who said they worked there in the past and did not
> recommend it.
>
> -Charles

They require you to take a personality test, that is similar to a IQ test,
but follows the rational that certain types do better at certain types of
questions.

They also reorganize every 6 months.

They offered me a Windows Administration position, when I interviewed for a
Linux Admin with two different managers (first one was fired).  It's a
matter of respect after any phone or in person interview to actually get
back with the person one way or another; GoDaddy failed here twice.

Bottom line is I am also apprehensive to work for anyone who seems to always
be hiring people for the same positions (even if they do have something like
20 open slots).

I also see a great many requests for the same positions from WellsFargo,
Intel, and iCrossing.com Choicehotels.com but the really good shops never
see any entry, or hear a complaint (like Skymall.com).

--
www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452
"Contradictions do not exist." A. Rand