Magick

Francis Earl francis.earl at gmail.com
Wed May 20 23:02:24 MST 2009

> I used synaptic to verify that all
> of them were installed and then I tried to run them as root, and still
> the computer responded "command not found".  Does anyone have any
> advice?

In the future, I'd like you recommend trying 'dpkg -L <package>' to list
the contents of the package... if you're only looking for the binary
just grep it to find bin files 'dpkg -L <package> | grep bin'... then
you can read the man pages for each binary that has one...

Conversely, -S does the opposite, so you could do 'dpkg
-S /usr/bin/convert' to find out that this came from ImageMagick...

Much faster than asking a mailing list for such simple answers...