List of Command Line Tools

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue May 19 14:03:05 MST 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, James Mcphee wrote:

> I have an admin that loves to open bunches of screen sessions and leave them
> open forever.  This eventually kills the box, obviously.  Screen is a great
> tool that does not in any way prevent people from doing goofy things.

Why should the application perform a task which ulimit can be
configured to address, if there is an abuse?  ... and a
'sysadmin' who does such needs after being appraised of the
issue, not to be trusted with admin rights.  Again the
solution is not in the space of the tool, but in the space of
the management of the affected system ;)

-- Russ herrold