Best "professional" "WEB site" tool out there...

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 09:09:56 MST 2009

------------------------
Keith Smith

--- On Tue, 5/19/09, JD Austin <jd at twingeckos.com> wrote:

> From: JD Austin <jd at twingeckos.com>
> Subject: Re: Best "professional" "WEB site" tool out there...
> To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
> Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 7:51 AM
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:44 AM,
> kitepilot at kitepilot.com
> <kitepilot at kitepilot.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello collective intelligence:
>

> This is the simple plan:
>
> To make a professional looking WEB site with minimum effort
> and maximum
>
> flexibility.
>

> It is broken down as:
>
> A (sort of) knowledgeable person kick-starts the site and
> then handles
>
> maintenance and minor upgrades to monkeys.
>

> What's the tool out there that will allow a
> non-technical person to maintain
>
> most of a WEB site with the least amount of pain?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ET

> My two picks:
> Joomla
> Drupal

Add WordPress to this since you asked "What's the tool out there that will allow a non-technical person to maintain".

WordPress allows one to drop a template into a directory and go into the control panel and activate it.  WordPress allows for plugins and they work the same way as templates, just drop in the right directory and activate in control panel.  Lots of templates and plugins available.

Most virtual hosting providers provide an interface for installing WordPress which makes the install easy.

You can setup WordPress in the root of your hosting account or in a sub-directory.

There is a learning curve with all of these.

Keith