Best first programming language

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at li3-188.members.linode.com
Tue May 19 05:12:44 MST 2009

I searched the archive but didn't find a previous discussion about this.

A friend who graduates from high school next week wants to take a summer course in programming. His goal is to become a business applications programmer.

He asked me what language he should start with. I'd guess the prgramming landscape is changing with more services going into the cloud.

Joseph, Hans, Charles I'm sure you have opinoins and I welcome anyone elses.

My friend, Ian isn't on the list so I'll point him to gmane.org to follow the discussion.

dennisk

--
"Free Software, Free Society"
Free Software Foundation