Wireless connection problem

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Mon May 18 18:30:45 MST 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009, Lisa Kachold wrote:

> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 May 2009, Josef Lowder wrote:
>>
>>                 ..........snip...........
>>

>>> In the control center network center, the qwest3856 SSID shows up with
>>> 5-bars signal strength, Managed operating mode, and wep-manual 40/64
>>> bit (10 characters) encryption.  But when I try to connect, it says
>>> "cannot connect."  I reconfigured the router to "no privacy" and can
>>> connect, but I cannot connect with wep security.
>>
>> I have the same problem running Ubuntu Hardy and a Linksys WRT54GL
>> router. If you get it resolved please post the solution as I have been
>> going around and around with the problem for over a month.
>>

> This is the type of technical information anyone needs to help you:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/183619
>
> What is your patch version, driver, hardware, logs, etc?

I ran thru most of this under a thread from mid April called "the
infamous linux wifi monster strikes" including a lot of the information
required. A number of people were quite helpful but I had to break off
with no final resolution when I got called out of town. Later this week
or early next I'll have time to readdress the problem and I'll resupply
the information.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279