Migrating from Outlook to Evolution

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Mon May 18 10:20:16 MST 2009

I'm trying to help a Linux newbie migrate his personal data from
Outlook to Evolution and so far the solutions I have found seem
unnecessarily convoluted.
Here are the approaches I have found so far:
1.	Install something like Thunderbird or Eudora that can import .pst
files and then move the mbox files to Linux. This involves re-nesting
all your folders.
2.	Move the .pst file to OS X and use one of the specialized freeware
or shareware conversion programs. Surprisingly Entourage, The OS X
version of Outlook, can't read .pst files.

I suspect that if there are specialized .pst->mbox programs for OS X
then there are Linux versions of these programs but Google isn't being
helpful.
--
A young idea is a beautiful and a fragile thing. Attack people, not
ideas.