OT: Most fun in Arizona?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sat May 16 14:16:43 MST 2009

On Sat, 16 May 2009, Eric Shubert wrote:

> If you're in the area, you might want to check out Biosphere II
> (http://www.b2science.org/visitor-tours.html). Haven't done this one myself.

I considered Biosphere a big fat nothing and with nothing
around it as a fallback worth seeing [a wasted trip to a
worthless stop]; much better to stay in town, and take the
time to spend a half-day at Taliesin West

 	http://www.franklloydwright.org/t_west.html

If you take the time to read a bit about Frank Lloyd Wright
and his work first and check out a 'coffee table' book or two
first, you'll probably be able to convice the tour leader to
let you 'hang back' and drink in the energy in the building.
Next trip I'll probably do the 'Behind the Scenes' trip.

I talking my way into being able to self guide this way at
the Oak Park home of Wright a couple weeks ago, and found that
well worthwhile.

-- Russ herrold