OT: Compile a cpp file on HPUX with gcc

Donn dlshumway at gmail.com
Fri May 15 08:11:32 MST 2009

OT-OT-OT-OT
All,

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question way out of my comfort zone. We
have a cpp file with three .h header files that I would like to compile in
our Oracle servers (HPUX 11). The gcc compiler is installed on the HP
servers, but the source code does not contain a make file, so we don’t know
how to compile it in HPUX (not being programmers, but IT nerds). Does anyone
have any pointers?

Here’s some information on the program from the source company:

The files are:

                lpssend.cpp

                wdsocket.h

                wdprotocol.h

                wdprotocolcmd.h

What is LPSSend?

                This is a sample project designed to be used as a tool to
help

integrate with the new Loftware Print Server (used for barcode label
printing across the enterprise). This program opens a socket

connection to the LPS, sends a print job, receives status of the job from
the LPS and then disconnects. LPSSend is a multiplatform application thus
works on Windows as well as other operating systems.

Operating Systems known to compile LPSSend without error:

                Linux/UNIX:

                                Redhat 5.1, 5.2, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2

                                Corel 1.1

                                SCO UNIX Open Server 5.x

                                Debian 2.1 r4

                                FreeBSD 4.0

                                NetBSD 1.4.1

                MicroSoft:

                                Windows2000

                                WindowsNT

Donn
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry