Format

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Wed May 13 20:16:07 MST 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009 07:28:42 -0700
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> Most 'top posters' are too lazy to actually clean up the e-mail below to
> just retain the pertinent items to which they are responding to, leaving
> the challenge to the next reader to figure it out.

1. top posting is the default with Micro$oft Outlook, and a lot of us are
FORCED into using it at the office. So most people being outlook users will
tend to do "what comes natural" /wrt email systems.

2. it might not be laziness as much as time-starved, as in it takes less time
to reply that way than other ways.

3. what I hate MUCH more than top posting, is those FW'd emails from my
relatives that have forwarded their mail from 25 different people (not
bothering to strip out all the headers etc. this makes for an email whose
"meat" is at the last 10 lines of a 1000 line email.

--
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's Fortune: