Looking for Laptop Suggestions

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue May 12 17:34:34 MST 2009

Thank-you everyone for your input. It has proven to be very helpful in
narrowing the choices, and provided some good input to discuss with my
daughter. This is what we have decided.....FWIW:

1. Dual boot Windows and Linux. She only uses iTunes once a week at most,
and then to buy a song or two for her iTouch.

2. Check with other students at her school to find out how they use laptops
- do they take them to class or just use them at night in the dorm.
Basically, how important is portability/battery life/etc. This will steer us
towards either netbooks or laptops.

3. Blue is first color choice, red is second....sorry Lisa! ;-)

4. I misspoke (mistyped?) when I said journalism. She is more interested in
international relations/poly sci than journalism. Who am I to know - she is
editor of the school online newspaper, editor of a local magazine for the
past for years, has been writing for publications since she was very
young.....Not sure if international relations/poly sci is any better than
journalism for making money, but then she still has some time to rediscover
computer programming/biology/chemistry/medicine...;-)

Cheers!

Mark