Looking for Laptop Suggestions

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue May 12 08:30:11 MST 2009

The dual boot system described by Craig is absolutely the best solution <on
a DELL! (Buy her a Red One)...

Actually Craig,
This is for a young creative, beautiful, normal teen, (not a geek) who will
be doing alot of school work, (not working on computers), hanging out and
walking ALOT between classes every day!

Rythmbox and gtkpod are very buggy:

   1. Bug #199326 in libgpod (Ubuntu): “*gtkpod* and *rhythmbox* crash when
   *...* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgpod/+bug/199326>I
   can confirm this bug under intrepid using *Rhythmbox*, *GTKPod* and even
   Floola. My 5th gen 80gb black video *ipod* is pretty much inaccessible. *
   ...*
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgpod/+bug/199326 - 50k -
   Cached<http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:hQQUA90alXsJ:https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/%2Bsource/libgpod/%2Bbug/199326+Rhythmbox+and+gtkpod+ipod&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a>-
Similar
   pages<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=SDu&q=related:https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/%2Bsource/libgpod/%2Bbug/199326>-
   2. How to manage your *iPod* using *Rhythmbox* in Ubuntu - Simple
Help<http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/03/how-to-manage-your-ipod-using-rhythmbox-in-ubuntu/>By
   default, when you connect your *iPod* to your computer *Rhythmbox* will
   launch. *...* Related Posts: How to use *gtkpod* to manage your *iPod* in
   Ubuntu *...*
   www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/03/how-to-manage-your-*ipod*-using-*rhythmbox*-in-ubuntu/
   - 48k - Cached<http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:-15h70EJR_gJ:www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/03/how-to-manage-your-ipod-using-rhythmbox-in-ubuntu/+Rhythmbox+and+gtkpod+ipod&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a>-
Similar
   pages<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=SDu&q=related:www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/03/how-to-manage-your-ipod-using-rhythmbox-in-ubuntu/>-
   3. *GTKPOD*/*Rhythmbox* and *iPod* - Doesn't recognize music files when *
   ...* <http://www.debianhelp.org/node/15055>2 posts - Last post: Feb 12
   I have Debian Etch and have loaded *GTKPOD* and *Rhythmbox*. When I plug
   in the *iPod*, I am able to see the music on the *iPod*, I can play the *
   ...*
   www.debianhelp.org/node/15055 - 23k -
Cached<http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:uaWSWDgx9-YJ:www.debianhelp.org/node/15055+Rhythmbox+and+gtkpod+ipod&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a>-
Similar
   pages<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=SDu&q=related:www.debianhelp.org/node/15055>-
   4. [ubuntu] *GTKpod*, *Rhythmbox* won't delete *ipod* songs - Ubuntu
   Forums <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=774959>[ubuntu] *GTKpod*,
   *Rhythmbox* won't delete *ipod* songs General Help. *...* I'm currently
   trying to use both *GTKpod* and *Rhythmbox* to manage my *Ipod*. *...*
   ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=774959 - 47k -
Cached<http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:tQo5FD8us9cJ:ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php%3Ft%3D774959+Rhythmbox+and+gtkpod+ipod&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a>-
Similar
   pages<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=SDu&q=related:ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php%3Ft%3D774959>-
   5. Yellow Dog Linux • View topic - *rhythmbox* + *gtkpod* + *ipod*
help<http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4672&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a>6
   posts - 2 authors - Last post: Feb 6
   *rhythmbox* + *gtkpod* + *ipod* help. Post by doblezero on Thu Feb 05,
   2009 @ 150. Hi again everyone, I was using *rhythmbox* but I could not
   work *...*
   www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4672&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a-
25k -