OT: Free Webhost

Francis Earl francis.earl at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:13:47 MST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 09:29 -0700, James Finstrom wrote:
> So I have cox at home so I obviously would violate the AUP self
> hosting and frankly I am cheap... wait no frugal. Anyway I would like
> to find a place to host my domain free but without ads or if it has
> ads it allows choice of placement in the design.

Not sure why this hasn't been suggested yet, but no-ip.com is fairly
nice, some routers even have default values to simplify setup for it...
if you want extra services I think they do have upgrade packages that
cost money, but the initial offering - which seems to be everything
hosted on your machine, and doesn't seem to care about what - is
entirely free.

DynDNS is another one I've used in the past, but I think I stopped using
that because they stopped the free offering, I forget.

Hope this is helpful  :)